Explore vacancies by region:
Finalta is the global leader in Financial Services benchmarking, best practice analysis and performance improvement consulting. We work more than 250 leading financial services firms in more than 50 countries. We provide clients with an objective assessment of their performance against peers, identify and quantify opportunities for improvement, and enable them to track their results over time. Finalta is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKinsey & Company, however we operate independently under our own brand and management team.
In 2013, we launched our first activities in North America and already work with most of the leading Financial Services firms in the region. Our work addresses some of the most critical business issues facing firms today, including topics like growth in digital banking, multichannel optimization, and customer growth and cross sell. As a rapidly growing organization, we offer exciting opportunities for career development, where effective leadership and achievement are quickly recognized and rewarded. We foster an entrepreneurial culture and operate in small team environment where everyone plays a role in shaping our growth and expansion in North America.
We currently have opportunities for recent graduate to join our team as Associate Analysts.
The role includes high levels of responsibility from the start, including working closely with clients to conduct interviews and research, performing in depth quantitative analysis, and identifying performance improvement opportunities. This role is also an integral member of the client project team that is responsible for strategically evaluating data, developing recommendations and presenting the results in client meetings.
This role requires:
- Superb analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and client-management skills
- Ability to manage time to produce high quality work to deadlines
- Knowledge of, and interest in, Financial Services
This role is based in the North American headquarters in Chicago, and includes travel to clients across the US and Canada (note that this role does not involve long periods working on a single client site).
We are looking for smart, intellectually curious individuals who are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial team environment. Analytical and problem solving skills are critical so a quantitative degree (economics, statistics, business, engineering, etc.) from a top tier university is preferred.
Candidates must also have excellent writing and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate an interest in financial services consulting. Please only apply if you meet all of the above criteria and you are eligible to work within the United States.
To appply, please follow this link:
Based in Chicago
Competitive salary plus performance based bonus and benefits
Who you’ll work with
As a rapidly growing organization, we are expanding globally, and now have offices in Chicago, Miami, Singapore and London. In 2013, we launched our first engagements in North America and already serve over 25 leading banks in the region. As a rapidly growing organization, we can offer you an exciting opportunity for career development. You will work in an entrepreneurial, small team environment and help to shape our expansion in North America.
Finalta is the global leader in retail banking benchmarking and best practice analysis, working with over 250 retail banks in more than 50 countries. Clients use our services to provide an objective assessment of performance against peers, quantify opportunities for improvement and track their fulfilment over time. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of McKinsey & Company; however, we operate independently under our own brand and management team.
What you’ll do
As a consultant, you will be responsible for project managing Finalta’s multi-client, multi-country benchmarking programs to ensure that they are delivered to time and high quality.
You will oversee and construct client deliverables to ensure the highest possible quality, including insightful client key findings reports and quantified recommendations, line manage a team of analysts with responsibility for recruiting, coaching, developing and improving the team’s individual and collective performance. You will manage key client relationships throughout and beyond the benchmarking cycle to ensure maximum satisfaction and relationship development. You will present results to clients and disseminate key messages amongst key audiences and stakeholders. Other responsibilities include planning for client workshops, preparing relevant materials, delivering / facilitating and creating the action report or other follow up deliverables. Developing and managing the development of thought leadership research articles, covering retail banking best practices, industry trends and insights; successfully developing new business for Finalta in terms of recruiting benchmarking peer groups, developing new markets and / or launching new products. Providing input to and leading the implementation of key company improvement initiatives, such as development of new products.
You will be based in Chicago but will have the opportunity to visit clients across the US and Canada (note, this role does not involve long periods working on a single client site).
- Background in consultancy, strategy and/or research, with exposure to, or an interest in, banking and/or insurance.
- Excellent line, project and client management experience.
- First-class analytical and consulting skills.
- Customer service ethos and superb inter-personal skills.
- Good degree from a top tier university.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience and/or an MBA from a leading business school.
To apply, please follow the link:
Finalta is the global leader in Financial Services benchmarking, best practice analysis and performance improvement consulting. Our clients are more than 250 leading financial services firms in more than 50 countries. We work with clients to provide an objective assessment of their performance against peers, identification and quantification of the opportunities for improvement and enable them track their results over time. Finalta is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKinsey & Company, however we operate independently under our own brand and with our own management team.
Candidates will typically have 8 or more years of relevant experience, combining experience in retail banking with an analytical, research or consulting background. For inspirational leaders with proven analytical ability and insight looking for a new challenge, the role offers a rare chance to join the leadership team in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment.
About the role
The role is based in Chicago but involves working with clients across the US and Canada. Travel is required for client specific meetings but does not involve long periods working on site with clients.
The role comprises three main elements: Management and Leadership; Client Delivery and Commercial Accountability.
Management and leadership
- Managing a team of consultants/analysts, focusing on their professional development and leadership skills.
- Focusing on project delivery, operational excellence and proactively leading initiatives to achieve this.
- Leading the design and implementation of one or a number of Finalta’s strategic initiatives and workstreams.
- Supporting general company management activities, such as recruiting, training, direction setting and planning.
- Managing multiple senior clients and key stakeholders during and throughout the research and delivery process.
- Creating compelling insights and original thinking to ensure outstanding levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
- Presenting key findings to senior management and board level clients.
- Leading workshops to help translate the results into action plans.
- Managing and writing thought leadership articles, white papers, etc.
With Finalta’s ambitious growth plans, this is an ideal opportunity to demonstrate business building and entrepreneurial skills by supporting the Directors in:
- Expansion into new markets; including business development with C level executives, client pitches, proposal writing, pipeline management, and contract negotiations.
- Deepening and expanding existing Finalta client relationships with other products and services from Finalta’s portfolio.
- Working alongside McKinsey partners on joint client proposals and through introductions to established McKinsey clients.
- New benchmarking study and proposition development.
We are looking for candidates who have proven themselves and are looking for a new challenge, joining the leadership team of a fast growing, entrepreneurial organisation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of relevant experience, with a core consulting, research or analytical background, with significant client facing responsibilities. The role requires exceptional analytical abilities and insight generation, extensive project management skills and a proven ability to manage, coach and inspire highly intelligent, high achieving teams. Proven client business development/sales experience is highly desirable. Experience in retail banking and other financial services is preferred.
Applicants should have a strong degree from a top tier university and/or an MBA from a leading business school. Excellent verbal and written English is essential.