Examines the key indicators of sales productivity across all customer segments and distribution channels including branches, direct sales force, and direct channels (online, mobile, telephony).
The Sales Effectiveness Benchmark enables banks to understand their performance on customer acquisition, relationship development, and sales productivity. It supports the identification and prioritization of actions to increase growth and profitability.
View our benchmarks:
Why it's important
Banks’ ability to grow and generate profits with their retail operations depends on their capabilities in acquiring customers, deepening their relationships with existing customers in the most cost-effective way, and fine-tuning their product offerings to customer needs. The Sales Effectiveness Benchmark helps participants address critical questions such as:
- How does our branch staffing and efficiency compare with peers? Is our branch network fit for purpose given changing customer behaviors?
- How productive are our branch advisors and what should our targets be?
- How profitable is our branch network compared to peers?
Customer acquisition and retention:
- What opportunities are there to improve our customer acquisition, on-boarding, and retention?
- How can we increase our share of customers’ wallets and drive cross-sales? In which product categories and in what customer cohorts are we under-penetrated?
- How do we perform in digital sales? What can we do to improve?
What the Sales Effectiveness Benchmark provides
- Compares your performance against local, regional, and international peers
- Identifies opportunities for strategic and tactical changes to the sales strategy and set targets for improvement
- Develops an action plan to seize the opportunities and initiate improvement programs, based on proven best practices
- Tracks progress of initiatives against internal targets and against competitors