Examines the strategic issues around the management and growth of mass affluent and affluent customer segments.
The Affluent Segment Benchmark enables banks to understand their relative performance on the key drivers of revenue and efficiency and to identify and prioritize actions to increase profitability.
View our benchmarks:
Why it's important
Banks’ ability to manage and generate profits within their mass affluent segment depends on their capabilities in acquiring customers, deepening and retaining relationships with existing customers, maximizing the productivity of their mass affluent advisors, and structuring their mass affluent service model to efficiently meet customer needs. The Affluent Benchmark helps participants address critical questions on their segment performance such as:
- How does our segmentation and service model compare with peers and how effective is it?
- How successfully are we growing new customer relationships and new balances?
- How successfully are we deepening customer relationships in terms of product holdings and balances, especially for investment products?
- How proactive are our relationship managers and financial advisors and which part of their sales funnel can we improve?
- How good are the returns on investments we make in our program compared with peers?
What the Affluent Segment Benchmark provides
- Compare performance against global and local industry peers using standardized segmentation techniques
- Identify and quantify improvement opportunities using detailed key performance indicators and peer group best practices
- Apply actionable fact-based outputs to accelerate performance improvement
- Use customized executive dashboards summarizing priority opportunities and action plans to track performance improvement over time